How Your Child Can Benefit From a Summer Reading Program
- Maintaining and improving existing reading skills
- Being reading ready for the next school year
- Gaining a boost in confidence and self-esteem
- Using reading skills in “real-world” situations, such as determining the meaning of signs, menus, greeting cards, TV captions, reading menus in restaurants, and more
- Discovering their favorite genres of books
- Exploring new interests based on exposure to various activities in books
- Discover their love of stories and reading
- Help kids who know how to read discover the joy and empowerment of reading in a low-pressure environment
- Reach children where they are through tools like reading assessments so that students can work toward appropriate reading goals tailored to their abilities and needs
- Build reading habits and skills that can improve children’s learning and analytical skills for the rest of their lives
- Boost social-emotional development and help kids to learn empathy
- Provide a fun and constructive summer activity that can easily fit in with other summer plans
- Teach struggling readers how to read
Our students come from schools across the nation—public, private, and parochial. We also partner with schools, districts, and after-school programs to train their teachers to help more students learn to read.
Contact us today to sign your child up for a free reading assessment or for one of our reading programs.
Alternatively, consider giving the gift of reading to children by making a donation.